Sunday 3 May 2015

Change. Part One

I am a creature of habit. I like things done just so because it makes things easier.

I did not realize how hard it will be to make a change to one’s diet. It was not for me, but everything from planning the meals to shopping and preparing them was my responsibility.
To simplify things I put our whole family on the same plan. The problem was that any healthy food seemed to be on a forbidden list! Was I going to make us all sick?

After about 3 months, when I got used to using new ingredients, we all breathed a sigh of relief and those that could, went back to eating oranges and tomatoes.








It was an extremely important experience that altered my way of thinking. It forced me to make change and stick to it. It was easier since it was not I, who needed it, but it showed me that I can do whatever needs doing.

All it takes is applying your mind to it. Unfortunately that is the hardest part.


So here I am, hoping that this blog will be a reflection of the changes and the learning  in myself and my family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment