Monday 14 December 2015

After Party Re-Energizing Shake

Every time I attend a party I know that next day is going to be hard. Mostly because usually I do not stay up late, try not to eat late and when I miss my bed time I have trouble sleeping.
This green smoothie is one of my favorites and I try to make it at least couple times per week. It is an energy bomb in a glass. 



Re-Energzing Green Smoothie
Time: 10 min  Serves: 6

2 cups kale
1 cup parsley
3 celery stalks
½ lemon juiced
1 avocado
1 ripe pear
1 cup ice
2 cups water (or use 3 cups cold water)

Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Add more water if too thick. It can be stored in the fridge for 2 days.

This shake is rich in vitamins and minerals. Parsley helps to flush the toxins from the body. Lemon provides Vit. C and leaves alkaline residue in our digestive tract. Why this is important you can read in this post http://findinglifebalancewithagnes.blogspot.com/2015/06/alkaline-vs.html
Kale has plenty of potassium, calcium and Vit. B and is great for heart health. Also celery is potassium and Vit. B6 rich. Potassium is necessary for the heart and kidneys to work properly.
If you would like to make a juice with these ingredients, you can but you should drink it within a couple of hours of being made. I like blending my greens because it can be stored for up to 2 days in the fridge and none of the fibre is being wasted.
It makes for a wonderful start to any day, not only after the party.


Enjoy! Do you have a favorite rejuvenating shake?

No comments:

Post a Comment