Tuesday 22 December 2015

Share the Joy, Share the Spirit



As we are nearing Christmas Day, wrapped up in the last minute tasks, let’s take a little break to look around us. There may not be much time to volunteer one’s time but there are still many ways we can share the spirit of the season. 

When I think of Christmas I have this picture in my mind of a family gathered around the table, singing carols, tree shimmering and a snow falling outside. (No, there is no fireplace because even in my imagination someone has to clean it).
I know I am a dreamer.  I cannot help it. I love Christmas and I do not mind the work that goes with the holidays. For me it is worth it. 
That is why I think it is important to share with others what I can. I may not be able to provide someone with loving home but certainly will contribute to them having a nice meal or a safe place to stay.


There are many worthy charities that need our support all year round and now is a good  time to pick one to donate too.
You may want to drop of a toy at local toy drive, there are food collections at grocery stores, monetary donations can be made online. Check your closets and give any unwanted clothing to a local charity store.

It is really simple and will be a gratifying to know that you have helped someone in need. There are many ways in which we can be charitable and it does not have to be at a high expense.

Being kind and patient is totally free!



Just to give you an idea what organizations I support:
www.sickkidsfoundation.ca; www.goodwill.on.ca; www.werescuecats.ca and www.dailybread.ca


Do you have a favorite charity to support?


No comments:

Post a Comment