Wednesday 16 September 2015

Smoothie  Wednesday.  Health in a Glass Green Smoothie.

Let me call today a CRASH day. My laptop crashed and I am told that the hard drive is a total bust. I had a bunch of pictures and blog ideas that were not backed up anywhere else, so now I am crushed and have no decent photo to add to today’s post. Please be forgiving as it is getting dark and I have trouble taking a good picture at best of times. 
Forget the shake, I am ready for a glass of Chardonnay.



This is a staple in my household that rarely varies. It is rich in fibre and plenty of vitamins and minerals.

11/2 cups of water
2 celery stalks
1/3 large bunch of spinach – about 2 cups
3 large romaine lettuce leafs – 11/2 cups
1 pear
½ cup of parsley, flat leaf or curly
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Optional:
Add banana or cored apple for milder taste

Blend all the ingredients till you achieve smooth texture.



Wonderful thing about this smoothie is that it can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just remember to cover it.


Do you make smoothies out of greens?

No comments:

Post a Comment