Thursday 3 September 2015

I am back!

Hello readers. I have not abandoned you completely. 
After two years without vacation I finally managed to get away and in true holiday fashion left all the work and worries behind.
The last couple of years were very busy for the whole family. We sold a house, bought another, renovated, started small business, went from part time to full time job, changed schools, had regular life hiccups and in general kept busy.
Let me tell you, at such rate I should be taking 2 weeks vacation every 6 months!

Now I am back home and working, planning, learning and ready to share it all with you.

Here are some shots from my trip. I think this was one of the more interesting ones I have ever taken.

We visited Torun in Poland - famous for its gingerbread's and Nicholaus Copernicus




Then we went to Rome, Italy:
 You can see into St. Peter's Square

Hadrian's Mausoleum on the left

St.Peter's Basilica Dome
Pantheon

Colosseum


After Rome we went to Pompeii.
Commercial strip in ancient Pompeii

Courtyard inside of residential villa

You can see the difference in ground level between excavated buildings and where I stood,
which was on top of ruins that are still under the 33' or 11 meters of ashes that fell on Pompeii after Vesuvius erupted. It was not lava!

Ceiling in public baths



Off we went to climb the Vesuvius:


Looks very docile does it not?

Anyone lasted to the end?

Did you go anywhere this summer?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos of beautiful places - probably even better memories ...

    ReplyDelete