Sunday 26 July 2015

Take a breath! The art of relaxation.

Planning, running errands all day long, trying to catch up on chores. Sounds familiar? That is a reality for many of us, which creates a mass of tired and (dare I say it?) cranky mom’s, wives and employees. Oh, yes. It also applies to men and bosses.




Take a few minutes every day to quiet the mind down. My favorite and most precious time is 10 minutes every morning when I have my coffee before anyone else is up. The house is still quiet and this is the time when I can collect my thoughts or just sit and relax.
When I go to bed at night I have something to look forward. Especially now that the weather is nice I like to sit in the garden and just listen to the birds. Enjoying the peace and solitude. Those few minutes are precious but not nearly enough to quiet my mind and relax the body.

The other day a friend asked me to join her for a yoga class.
When I was 15 years old I thought yoga was for old people that cannot do real sports. Ahh …  the arrogance of youth. Then I saw poses like this one, and decided that it is still not for me !! I am not flexible or strong and cannot do things like this.



As it turns out at the end of the class I was about to fall asleep on the mat. After over an hour of exercise I was relaxed like never before! Who knew?!!

I am taking my husband to the next class. He is very athletic but his flexibility needs to be worked on, just to make sure that as we age the joints remain mobile and strong.
I am so glad I went and am very grateful to my friend for the suggestion, even though she stood me up in the end.

Have you tried yoga before? 





No comments:

Post a Comment