Friday 10 July 2015

School is out

It has been out for about two weeks to be exact. Two weeks already?!
We have planned the summer activities and camps back in February and it seemed like such a long way away. And here we are enjoying the leisurely pace and great weather.

My youngest went to an overnight camp and I feel like it is me who is on vacation. For someone who spends all the time with the kids present (except for school/work that is), it feels almost unreal. Not only there are no lunches to be made, there is no need to worry about drop off and pick up times. It is wonderful not to have to rush home after work.

I was a bit concerned how my daughter would manage being away from us. On top of the separation, I worried that the kids are sleeping in tents. It may sound like fun but since I am not a camper it is a hair raising ideaJ



Preparing for such a trip was a bit challenging since I have no experience with camping but with a comprehensive list from the camp organizer and advice from other parents we have managed to buy all the equipment. Finding light, durable and practical items was something new for all of us and at the end it actually turned out to be quite fun.   I am almost ready to try it myself especially if I had a gear like this:

Terra Kids Camping Light $35.99 – no batteries, just use the crank
Kamp Right Kids cot $79.00
CamelBack  Eddy Kids water bottle $ 14 99 CAN
Kiddie backpack deuter.com $45.00
Pigeon deet-free mosquito wipes $12.99
Kelty Big Dipper sleeping bag $79.95


What are your kids doing this summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment